[AccessD] Combo box Default Value

Mitsules, Mark mitsules_ms at nns.com
Wed Apr 2 10:48:32 CST 2003

Group,

My inability to succinctly state this question correlates to my inexperience
with lookup fields.  I will name the objects in my description for my own
sanity.

I have a table, (Table1) which has an autonumber PK, (Table1, Field0) and
another field of values, (Table1, Field1).  I have a second table, (Table2)
which has a lookup field (Table2, Field1) to both fields of Table1 but shows
only Table1, Field1.  I have a form, (Form1) that is bound to Table2.  Form1
contains a combo box control that, when clicked, shows a list of all values
from Table1, Field1.

I would like to achieve two goals.  When adding a new record; To limit this
list to values that have not already been utilized, and to show the next
available value by default.

This seems like it would be a common situation, but I have never had the
necessity before now.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Mark