[AccessD] Runtime Driver

Stephen R. Zayko szayko at secor.com
Tue Apr 8 10:41:01 CDT 2003

Group:

Is it possible to include the drivers needed for a runtime solution?  I have
an A2K database which I would like to package as a runtime.  It is an A2K FE
with a MySQL BE accessed via ODBC through the web.  Trouble with the
distribution is that people must install the MySQL ODBC driver, and then
create/link to the machine data source of the MySQL database (I think I said
that right).

What I would like to do is this...

Create the runtime with the drivers and the source database info.
Then when a user unpacks/installs the runtime,
	A: The MYSQL driver installs on that machine and
	B: The ODBC data source is created with all the needed info.

A looks pretty simple to do.  You just include that in the files to be
included during the packaging of the app.
B however, I am not too sure about.  Can I do this through code?  Has anyone
else done this before?

thanks in advance.

-Z

Stephen R. Zayko