[AccessD] ADP vs Access mdb/SQL

Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Wed Apr 2 13:50:57 CST 2003

All I am saying on this

ADPS will remain a viable MS technology. How they interact with the server
will changes. There are certain things you can do now that you will be unable
to do with future releases of SQL Server. This is an SQL Server problem not an
Access one. Products are developed by different teams and as I am finding out
internal communication between teams at MS is crap.

I was told and I quote

"Bill Gates is very interested in Access as a power user tool"

when I expressed my concerns over Access 11 offering little in the way of
improvements for developers.

The real thing that concerns me is the use of the term "Power USer" If MS dont
take it serious as a developers tool then we will not see big changes.
AS Susan says MS Office and ACcess is a major cash cow for Microsoft. No
mission of it going. Lot of attention to ALpha 5 and they did give me a copy
and as I said I was not impressed.

One final thing. Some of us are privy to internal discussions at MS at times.
Until they appear on paper thats all they are discussions.

Martin