[AccessD] Any brilliant ideas - pictures in 'flexible' positions

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Apr 2 19:02:58 CST 2003

On 3 Apr 2003 at 9:39, Software Design & Solutions P wrote:

> Hi everybody.. I am working on a system for a group of travel agents
> and today's task is to generate their quotes / itineraries. eg. Day 1,
> Rio, description of city, etc, Day 2 Manaus, description of tour etc.
>
> I have created the screen which will alow them for each day to select
> a city, one or more 'items' (eg. tour, hotel, flight details), and
> these will slot into the report when it is printed.
>
> They want the ability to drop photos in to the itineraries. When they
> select a particular item (city description) then the itinerary will
> always dislpay a photo. The users can select from a list of photo
> names held outside the database.
>
> But I am looking for some brilliant tips on how to place the photos
> into the report....when they nominate that a particular item should
> also include a photo, then the text should appear next to the photo,
> and when they only select text, the text should wrap to the whole
> page.
>
> I have a few ideas and will start but if anyone has does anything like
> this, I'd love to hear from you.

Three controls in the detail sectiop of the report:

txtItemWide, txtItemNarrow - both with  the item text as the source
imgPhoto

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If Nz(ItemPhoto, "") > " " Then
    imgPhoto.Picture = PhotoFile
    imgPhoto.visible = true
    txtNarrow.visible = true