[AccessD] One-to-one relationships

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Apr 3 17:09:31 CST 2003

I don't think you can do that 'strictly' in Access, without code of some
type.  I built a similar db, which lists products of different types.  There
was a product table (which lists the name and ID of the product), there is a
product type table, which lists the product type name and typeid, then there
was a product type property table, which lists the properties for each type,
and what type of data that property is.  Then I had a table for each 'data
type' (Text, currency, number, date).

My code was setup as classes, that allowed the information for each product
to be pulled up by using the data in the various tables.  With that
structure, ANY product could be stored, if it was a new 'type', you just
added the properties for that type and off you go.

Drew