[AccessD] Table for Emp, Location, etc

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 3 17:44:05 CST 2003

...employees will inevitably have more than one supervisor/evaluator over
time and will themselves inevitably become supervisors or evaluators ...I'd
create a separate employee relationships table with a EmpRelID, EmpRelType
(Supv or Eval), DateFm, DateTo, SupEmpID (Superior Employee FK from
tblEmployee.EmpID) and SubEmpID (subordinate Emp FK from tblEmployee.EmpID)
...this approach allows you to not only track the current relationships but
answer such questions as who was his supervisor 2 years ago or how many
current emps have ever been evaluated by john doe.

William Hindman
What's the five-day forecast for Baghdad? Three days.