[AccessD] OT - My dog is dying

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Fri Apr 4 13:41:44 CST 2003

I feel your pain.  It's terrible to lose an animal.

I learned the hard way that all three doctors at the vet I use take lunch at
the same time.  I had a bull dog that went every where with me, including
here to the office every day.  My wife even had to sit in the back seat of
my truck because the passenger seat was for Maddie (the dog).

One day (actually April 16, 2001) everyone here was at lunch and my wife
(Robin) stopped by during lunch to use a computer.  She let Maddie out and
she got hit.  Fortunately, someone that saw it followed her back to the
office door to tell Robin what happened.

Robin called me and immediately took Maddie to the vet.  However, all three
doctors were eating lunch and didn't get there for about 30 minutes.  So
Robin and I had to sit there and watch her die while we waited on the vet.
She died about 2 minutes after he showed up.

I still have her picture on my desk and in my wallet.  Now my son who is
almost 4 is wanting a new Maddie.

Reuben Cummings
Director of Software Development
GFC, LLC