[AccessD] AccessD Archives are UP!

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 12:00:26 CDT 2003

Who says Access can't be used for mission critical ;o)  <oops, let's not
start that back up again>.  I found your behinds the scenes link very
informative.  This of course is also very interesting.  You've taken an
otherwise weak point of access (memo's) and leveraged Access's  strength in
indexes.  Very commendable and ingenious... One (me) might pose the question
why do it in Access vs. MSDE or mySQL, but a good answer comes to mind
<because  you can> :o).  Often times there are solutions right under our
nose that we overlook, but this is just a great example of thinking outside
the box... great job... btw, I would have liked a date restricting function
(for the actual dates) but since everything is displayed ascending or
descending by date, this point is rather moot. :o)

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:43 AM [GMT-8],