[AccessD] Poll: Late vs. Early Binding

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Wed Apr 9 11:04:40 CDT 2003

I don't know if it is common practice, but I usually write code using early binding, If I am writing for a specific application version, then I leave it as early bound. Otherwise I switch to late binding.

You shouldn't have to rewrite any code when switching. All you should have to do is switch your DIMs to objects and derefernce the libraries.

You may also have to create your own constants for some of the built in constants from the referenced libraries, but a wholesale rewrite shouldn't be necessary.

Right or wrong, this is what works for me.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> mitsules_ms at nns.com 09-Apr-03 11:43:13 AM >>>
Is it a common practice to first code using early binding, then, after
debugging is complete, re-write using late binding?