[AccessD] OT Corel Office

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 10 19:35:21 CDT 2003

 Everyone I knew at Corel in Ottawa has left or been laid off.  It was
fine in the early 90's. Then Micheal Cowpland started having visions and
insider trading problems. His ex partner,  Sir Terrance Mathews at Mitel
has restarted Mitel recently. For you golfer types he owns Druid's Glen
in Wales
Microsoft took a hundred million loss on its Corel share sales.
-------------
  Corel's office suite will likely disappear and its graphics software
sold to another vendor, observers said following its invitation for a
takeover bid from a venture capital  firm Monday april 7 2003

Ottawa-based Corel said it had signed a non-disclosure and standstill
agreement with Vector Capital's  subsidiary, Vector CC Holdings, L.L.C ,
that could lead to an acquisition proposal once it has completed a due
diligence review. Corel also said its board has engaged CIBC World
Markets to seek out other potential offers.

The move comes about two weeks after Vector Capital, based in San
Francisco, bought out the 22.89 million shares from Microsoft, which it
can convert for an approximately 20 per cent stake in the company. Corel
said it will agree to anything $1.10 per share or higher. Vector has
agreed to pay no less than $1.00 a share, but  won't oppose a competing
offer of $1.25 or higher.
If you want latest news releases at business.ca go here and search corel

http://www.plesman.com/index.asp?theaction=61&sid=51334