[AccessD] Remove Security

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 11 07:13:37 CDT 2003

On 11 Apr 2003 at 10:10, Griffiths, Richard wrote:

> Do i simply remove/clear the admin password to remove access internal
> security? If not what else is required?

If you are talking about Jet security, then the easiest way I have
found (and that has only been in testing the BEU) is to not mess with
the security settings at all, but crate a new blank database with the
default mdw. Now open the db you want to unsecure, with it's correct
mdw, and export everything to the new mdb.

Now switch back to the default mdw and open your newly created db. It
should have no security now.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
mistake when you make it again.