[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer]Re: Sql Server Stored Procedure Questions ...

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri Apr 11 14:11:12 CDT 2003

as this is more of a sql question, I've forwared to the dba-sqlserver
list...

First, I encourage you to go to microsoft's sql site and download the latest
Books on line commonly known as BOL.  2nd, to declare a variable in sql
server, you use the keyword "Declare" such as

DECLARE varMyVariable AS VARCHAR(10)

in Sql 7 you add values to the varchar by using the keyword SELECT, but in
2000 you can use the keyword SET.

to step through a returned recordset from a sproc (SP) you would use a
cursor, tho I will warn you that they can take a lot of time and are usually
not as efficient as other means (ie, memory, cleanup, etc) , think #Temp
Tables if you really need to step through things, you'll find that things
can be done sooooo much faster this way...  any other questions reguarding
SP's feel free to post to the dba-SqlServer list :D

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Friday, April 11, 2003 11:36 AM [GMT-8],