[AccessD] OT: Accelerated Masters Programs

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 11 22:07:47 CDT 2003

 I have looked at the syllabuses for some online MSc in Computer Science
like Liverpool U.
Most of them look like glorified MCSD's and very little math or science.
If you are looking for job advancement; an MBA that is heavy on project
management in MIS seems to be the big  demand at the moment, you
wouldn't want to do an MBA with emphasis on marketing. A guy I know in
Victoria who retired from Project Management at Boeing was called back
to teach a course once every two months He is charging 3 times his
salary at retirement. They can't get outside project mangement so they
are training inhouse.