[AccessD] Reports Question

Bob Gajewski bob at renaissancesiding.com
Tue Apr 15 08:46:24 CDT 2003

Frank

You didn't indicate whether you wanted to color the text or the background, so here's a few choices:

If you want to color the whole detail section:
Const lngColorWhite = 16777215
Const lngColorGreen = 32768
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "800" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "866" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "877" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "888" Then
        Me.Section(0).BackColor = lngColorGreen
Else
        Me.Section(0).BackColor = lngColorWhite
End If
End Sub

If you want to place a highlight text box behind any or all of the detail line:
Create the unbound text box; make it green (or whatever).
Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)
Me.txtTelNbrHighlight = ""
Me.txtTelNbrHighlight.Visible = False
If Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "800" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "866" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "877" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "888" Then
    Me.txtTelNbrHighlight = " "
    Me.txtTelNbrHighlight.Visible = True
Else
    Me.txtTelNbrHighlight = ""
    Me.txtTelNbrHighlight.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

If you want to change the color of the actual fields:
Const lngColorBlack = 0
Const lngColorGreen = 32768
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "800" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "866" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "877" Or _
  Left(Me.txtTelNbr,3) = "888" Then
        Me.txtTelNbr.ForeColor = lngColorGreen
(repeat for each field that you want changed)
Else
        Me.txtTelNbr.ForeColor = lngColorBlack
(repeat for each field that you want changed)
End If
End Sub

HTH,
Bob Gajewski