[AccessD] Access and VB6 question

Mike and Doris Manning mikedorism at ntelos.net
Tue Apr 15 11:06:48 CDT 2003

This should work... Pass in the App you want to open and it does the rest.

Doris Manning
Database Administrator
Hargrove Inc.
www.hargroveinc.com

Public Function feOpenIt(sAppPth As String)
    Dim sAccess As Variant
    Dim sCmd As String
    Dim sCmdC As String
    Dim Retval As Variant

    Const Q = """"

    sAccess = SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) & "MSAccess.exe"
    sCmd = Q & sAccess & Q & " " & Q & sAppPth & Q
    'eg. "c:\program files\microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" "c:\my
prog\myFE.mdb"
    'sCmdC = Environ("COMSPEC")  'returns (W9X) command.com path or (WNTX)
cmd.com path
    'if your system requires it, play with the prev & fol line and
    'comment out the one following
    'retval = Shell(sCmdC & " /c " & sCmd, vbMaximizedFocus)
    'uses full command instruction with /c to run one command, delete
msaccess from sCmd
    Retval = Shell(sCmd, vbMaximizedFocus)

End Function