[AccessD] Potential Job Opportunity

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hshhp.org
Tue Apr 15 15:02:43 CDT 2003

Mark,

I think if I were called upon to write a web application right now I'd be inclined to look at the .NET platform.  If you are not already familiar with ASP then .NET will help you skip a step or two as you can design web forms and code using code-behind techniques that are similar to what you are already familiar with in Access (though it is definitely not comparable to Access).  Get a free look by downloading the Web Matrix from M$.  It's an ASP.NET dev tool that is not as full featured as VS.NET but you will get an idea of the power for sure.

HTH,

Jim DeMarco
Director of Product Development
HealthSource/Hudson Health Plan