[AccessD] autonumber

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Apr 16 17:32:31 CDT 2003

On 16 Apr 2003 at 11:02, Susan Harkins wrote:

> been away from real business for so long that people are printing up
> their own purchase order forms, etc. using Access??????????????????
> I'm just having trouble visualizing this is all.

I've got a couple of clients who generate Purchase Orders, Repair
Orders etc from Access (Heck - I wrote a system which did this in
Dataflex back in the late 80's).

Even have one system where the manager approves them, generate them
as reports, convert them to PDF and emails them to suppliers (plus
internal notifications  to various departments) all with a single
button click.

If you have people filling out paper forms and then hope it gets
entered properly later, you always run into data inconsistencies and
missing records.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg