[AccessD] OT: SOAP

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Sun Apr 20 09:21:42 CDT 2003

Well, it's really just fat and lye Martin -- but when you're making it, you
want to be careful to pour the lye into the water/oil mixture and not the
other way around -- think of the water as a lake and the lye as snow -- you
sprinkle the snow onto the lake... pouring the water into a bowl of lye
causes too quick and severe a reaction and it's dangerous. Ya have to stir
until the mixture's the right consistency -- otherwise you get a really soft
bar that you can't remove from the mold and it melts in the shower.

So, does that help? <snicker>

Actually, I think there's a good discussion on the 2003 beta developer's
CD --

Susan H.