[AccessD] [Access D] Corruption of Database and Other Weird Symptoms

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Apr 22 17:17:09 CDT 2003

On 22 Apr 2003 at 18:03, Tina Norris Fields wrote:

> Hi - Has anyone else experienced something like this?
>
> Setup is a small TCP IP network - 1 PC running WIN98 and Office 2000 -
> 2 PCs running WINXP and Office XP Database was created in A2K, and
> resides in a shared folder on one of the 2 PCs running WINXP and
> Office XP - (not split into BE and FE) Shared folder mapped as drive
> G: as seen by the other 2 PCs.

> Whenever Access tried and failed to open the database (2K and XP), the
> network also partially failed, making the secretary's computer
> invisible to the executive director's computer.

Not that it's any help to you , but I've come across numerous reports
of probelms with XP and earlier versions of Windows co-existing on a
network.  Many of them related to losing network connections and
subsequent corruption of files.

FWIW, I won't support mixed networks including XP or guarantee my
software to run on them. Effectively - I don't allow my clients  who
still have legacy systems runnning  (some still have the occassional
P133s with W95) to go beyond W2K on new equipment.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg