[AccessD] VBA question

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 22 20:15:58 CDT 2003

On 22 Apr 2003 at 20:42, William Hindman wrote:

> ...don't agree that its accurate Bryan ...one hell of a difference
> between a macro and VBA :(

When you are talking Word and Excel, there isn't a difference IMO.
Now if we are talking Access, that's a whole different ball of wax.

If you look in Word 2K (or Excel 2K) under the Tools menu, you will
see a Macro Sub Menu. Under that it has Macros... and Record New
Macro amongst other things.

If you select Macros, that will open a dialog that will allow you to
run any of the VBA macros (procedures) that have been written or
recorded in the open templates or documents.

If you select Record New Macro, you can carry out steps that, for the
most part, get recorded into a new procedure (macro).

In Word (or Excel) development, Macro is certainly an accepted and
accurate term. In Access they are not the same.

The problem lays in the connotation that Macro brings. It implies
that it is something less than programming. But we all know it's not.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes. - Japanese proverb