[AccessD] VBA question

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Apr 23 07:43:54 CDT 2003

Marty et al,

IIRC the original definition of a macro was "a set of instructions that
work together to perform some function."  Of course that was rather
vague since it depended on how you defined function.  A program came to
be defined as a series of calls to macros or functions.  Early compilers
had functions that were calls to macros written in assembly (or macro)
language since the early compilers were not good at optimizing code.  I
remember many examples where we would take the assembly language code
generated by the compiler and hand optimize it to speed up production
programs.

But all that is ancient history.  Since M$ uses the term Macro in their
Office products, we have to live with it whether we like it or not.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave