[AccessD] VBA question

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 09:56:35 CDT 2003

FWIW Lotus 123 was one of the earliest (first I used anyway) PC products
to use macros. And yes you could record them but that definitely wasn't
the definition of macro because you could add simple logic such as
goto's or menu statements and they were certainly still macros. It was
just a mini programming language. Excel started the same way, and then
Word. Their programming capability has increased but ok they still use
the word macro. I don't believe you can limit macro to something
recorded and then say anything else is a procedure. What do you get if
you use the record capability then modify the code, say by a single
instruction? What do you have if you enter code through the keyboard
which is the same as what you might have recorded? I can't see that it
works as a differentiator.

Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk