[AccessD] VBA question

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Thu Apr 24 10:10:10 CDT 2003

>From pcwebopedia.com

1) A symbol, name, or key that represents a list of commands, actions, or
keystrokes. Many programs allow you to create macros so that you can enter a
single character or word to perform a whole series of actions. Suppose, for
example, that you are editing a file and want to indent every third line
five spaces. If your word processor supports macros, you can create one that
consists of the following keystrokes:
Move Cursor to Beginning of Line

Move Cursor Down 1 Line

Move Cursor Down 1 Line

Move Cursor Down 1 Line

Insert 5 Spaces

Now you can enter the name of the macro, and the word processor will perform
all these commands at once.

You can also use macros to enter words or phrases that you use frequently.
For example, you could define a macro to contain all the keystrokes
necessary to begin a letter -- your name, address, and a code that inserts
the current date. Then, whenever you write a letter, you just press the
macro key to include the letter header.

In a way, macros are like simple programs or batch files. Some applications
support sophisticated macros that even allow you to use variables and flow
control structures such as loops.

(2) In dBASE programs, a macro is a variable that points to another variable
where the data is actually stored. In most other applications, this would be
called a link.