[AccessD] Setting up a strange report

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 11:49:10 CDT 2003

Susan
Report headers (and I think footers) of sub-reports are suppressed. I
suppose this is a design 'feature' to allow you to have the same report
def as a stand-alone (with header) or a sub-report (no header). The way
round this is to add to the query which drives your sub-report a dummy
field which returns a constant (eg SELECT 1 AS Dummy, then all your
fields). In your report you set the top sortkey as Dummy and say
GroupHeader Yes (and footer if you want). Put your report header in
there and because the Dummy never changes you only get it once, but
because it's a group header not a report header Access (bless it) won't
suppress it.

Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk <http://www.minstersystems.co.uk/>