[AccessD] Macros

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Apr 25 12:20:31 CDT 2003

Hey, no, that's not what I said, and least not what I meant! <grin>  I meant
that the Macro is just an 'interface' to what is done in the background.  In
Excel/Word, the macro is what runs a VBA procedure.  The VBA procedure IS
VBA, but the Macro is just the process that kick starts it.  In Access, you
have stepped macros, but those steps can also run code, so they are just as
powerful as an EXCEL/WORD MACRO.  Macros (in either platform) can be
triggered by events...they have to be run by the user.  (Well, you can 'run'
a macro from code within an event...but you know what I mean).

I was not saying that macros are as powerful as VBA.

Drew