[AccessD] Any brilliant ideas - pictures in 'flexible' positions/ pictures in reports

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 25 19:37:06 CDT 2003

...I've now worked out that to avoid that gap I have to set my text box height to a maximum of 3.5 cms (set in the on format event) when there is a photo - otherwise the report expands the section needlessly. It limits me a bit but for now I will work around that.

Kath
----- Original Message -----
  From: Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.
  To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 10:02 AM
  Subject: Re: [AccessD] Any brilliant ideas - pictures in 'flexible' positions/ pictures in reports

  Hi everybody - hope you had a good Easter.

  I am back on this picture issue again - and like the other emails on this topic I need to be able to expand my group header section of the report when the picture exists.

  In the 'On Format' event I am changing the height property of the photo control. The actual size I need it to be is 3.5 cm x 5 cm.  (Code below).

  My problem is that the section is expanding and shrinking but AFTER A PHOTO IS PRINTED I get an extra 2cm gap before the next detail record.

  The section's 'Can grow' and 'Can shrink' properties are set to yes. I have other controls in that section but for now I have taken most of them out to try to nut this problem out - leaving 2 text boxes to the left of the photo and *nothing* underneath it at all.

  If Me.UsePhoto = True Then
      If IsNull(Me.PhotoLocation) Or Me.PhotoLocation = "" Then
          BoolUsePhoto = False
      Else
          BoolUsePhoto = True
          'Me.Photo.Top = 0