[AccessD] Woe unto Run-time - I need your input

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sun Apr 27 15:22:11 CDT 2003

Jane asked:
> >Does anyone know of an off the shelf software package
> >that might be sold at a major retailer, even a smaller
> >one, that uses the access run-time? Im just wondering
> >if anyone does this.

Eric answered:
> First, I built my own Access software so I wouldn't know. Second why not
> just let your buyers decide? Offer the runtime as a seperate setup for those
> not owning your Access version. For all the others you either create
> seperate versions or you don't and force your buyers to figure it out for
> themselves. As long as they are informed about their options I guess this
> would be no problem.

I think that from the wording here that I understand what you are asking (I'm a user, not a developer). If I've got it right, then there is a program called Clooz http://www.clooz.com/ that has two versions available; runtime and standalone. Though she sells primarily through genealogical entities, vs major retailers, the concept is the same, that of having two versions.

Hope this helps.

--
Kathryn Bassett (Pasadena CA)
http://www.databaseadvisors.com