[AccessD] Control + (Add record) and which Event is triggered???

Tortise@Paradise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 1 00:21:41 CDT 2003

Dear Kath
So David - are you trying to set the application title to the person's name - if so then you really want to call that for a new record, do you? Not until after the name has actually been entered? Why not do this on the after update event of the name fields (all).
Yep, could do.

Is there more to it? Not that I see.

And why do you want the app title to be the person's name?
For multitasking reasons, we seemed to conlcude it is easier and more reliable to run several (same) Databases concurrently.  (Instead of running multiple instances of the same form)  Naming each instance in the title, thus also task bar makes it easy to identify the instance one wants to go to!

mmm  I Think the space in [First Name] is stuffing things a little, as it doesn't report its contents when hovering mouse over, although others do...when stepping code.  OK ignored that!

Have fixed though, using

If Cap1 = "" And Cap2 = "" And Cap3 = "" Then
Cap1 = "Blank Form ID"
End If
If Me.NewRecord = True Then
Cap1 = "Blank Form ID"
End If

...in the function.

And calling the function in the forms before_update property also!

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
David Hingston
Engines2Go - Now THAT's a Search Engine!
Automated major search engine manager
Makes searching quicker and easier - Have you tried it?
http://www.engines2go.com/
http://www.cheqsoft.com/  The home of Clipboard Express, MP3 Detective, TimesOwn and Break Reminder.