[AccessD] Folder Security Permissions

Mitsules, Mark Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Mon Aug 4 13:47:37 CDT 2003

Group,

What permissions are necessary at the folder level of a Win2K server to
allow different database actions?  I plan on having four main groups.
Developer/Admin, Data Entry, Supervisors, and Users.  Read only is
self-explanatory, but, for instance, what level would allow a user to run a
report where the Record Source is set dynamically at run-time?  Or, if I
have compact-on-close enabled, does that require a certain level?  Is there
a table somewhere that lists this information?  Obviously I'm looking to
grant the lowest level possible for each potential group.

The choices are:
Full Control
Modify
Read & Execute