[AccessD] Unbound image on continuous form

Joshua B lists at jbsolutions.com.au
Tue Aug 5 18:54:11 CDT 2003

Hi Group

I have a client who scans documents into their Access database (not made by me). They have a continuous form set up which shows thumbnails of these images (*.tifs stored in an OLE container). They came to me because now, with 600-odd records, their database has (of course) grown to 600meg. I have recommended storing the images on the system, only storing the image name in the db, and inserting the image into an unbound image holder on the fly. Only problem with this is, with continuous forms this cannot be done. Has anyone come up with a solution to this in the past? I've been thinking filtered recordsets and temp tables storing current images, but was hoping there may be an easier way I havent thought of. TIA.

Best regards.
Joshua B
lists at jbsolutions.com.au
www.jbsolutions.com.au