[AccessD] stange type mismatch in query error after 2 years.

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Aug 7 01:16:18 CDT 2003

I had a strange thing yesterday.
I have an app that I wrote back in 1997 or something and for which I
added regulary new functions.
Apparently from this week on the app gave an error openening a report,
at the customer site.
It is atleast a year ago that I changed anything in the app, so it
really started out of the blue.
They use the report every end of the month, by several people.

After some searching I found out that I had a typo in a query.
at a field (a integer field) criteria I had 0 or 10 or "or -10" instead
of 0 or 10 or -10, so the query return a type mismatch.

Just a stupid typo with no big consequences.
The thing is that I don't understand why a type mismatch  (string
instead of integer) only returns an error when the error was present
since atleast beginning 2001 and the query was used severall times a
month!!!
I checked my backups (because I presumed the customer has changed this
un intentionaly) and I stopped checking when I got to beginning 2001.

The app is used in A97, but I develop and convert back to A97 since a
year or two or longer.

Erwin