[AccessD] Public Variables in a Report

Julie Reardon-Taylor prosoft6 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:01:29 CDT 2003

Okay, Gustav gave me some information about using public variables, and said
that I have to move my variables from the code behind the form to a module
in order to be able to see the value of those variables in a report.

However, I found, in an Access 2000 programming book, that I supposedly can
use the public variable anywhere within the project if I reference the form
first and then the variable name.

Anyone have experience doing this?  Here is an example:

Me.hours111 = frmpayroll.f_shift_hours3 + frmpayroll.f_shift_hours2 +
frmpayroll.f_shift_hours1

The Me.hours111 references the unbound text box on my report.  The other
items that I am trying to add are declared as public variables in the
general section of the code behind the form named frmPayroll.  Access tells
me that it cannot find the variable.

Help!

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.