[AccessD] Setting A2K combo box rowsource using ADO

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Wed Aug 13 10:40:21 CDT 2003

Below is the code I have for a form.  I am using A2K and connecting to a
SQLBase db using ADO.  What I want to do is set my combo box's rowsouce
using the code below.  First I check to make sure that I can get to the
database and if so I want to set the rowsouce accordingly.

The problem I run into is that I get a compile error for a Type MisMatch.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA
-Jeff

Code:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private rsName As ADODB.Recordset

Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
Dim RS As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim cmdtext As String
Dim mymessage As String

'Set the default status of the buttons here
Me.btnExit.Enabled = True
Me.btnSearch.Enabled = True
Me.lblProgress.Visible = False
Me.cmbACSName.Visible = False
DoEvents

Me.lblProgress.Caption = "Retrieving active ACS users...."
Me.lblProgress.Visible = True
DoEvents

'Check to see if we can connect to ACS
con = ACSconnection
con.Open

If Not CBool(con.State And adStateOpen) Then
    con.Close
    'Could NOT connect to ACS
    mymessage = "ACS User Center could not establish a connection to ACS."
& Chr(13) & Chr(10)
    MsgBox mymessage, vbCritical, "Error: Unable to Connect to ACS"

    Me.lblProgress.Caption = "Error: Could not connect to ACS..."
    DoEvents
    Exit Sub
Else
    con.Close
End If

cmdtext = "SELECT ALL"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " UADMINKEY,"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " UADMINNO,"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " (CLAST || ', ' || CFIRST) AS FULLNAME,"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " USERNAME"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " FROM PASSWRD,"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " NAME"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " WHERE"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " PASSWRD.UADMINNO = NAME.CNAMEIN(+)"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " AND"
cmdtext = cmdtext & " (PASSWRD.UACTIVE = 'N')"

Set rsName = New ADODB.Recordset
rsName.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rsName.Open cmdtext, setconnection, adOpenKeyset, adLockReadOnly
Me.cmbACSName.RowSource = rsName
End Sub