[AccessD] OT: Friday humour

Kath Pelletti sdssoftware at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 22 02:37:11 CDT 2003

Just for a laugh....

This is a laugh for all those women out there who so look forward to that
wonderful time once a year when they get to be "intimate" with  their OB/GYN
doctor!
In Sydney, Australia, one of the radio stations pays($1000-$5000) for people
to tell their most embarrassing stories.
This one netted the winner $5000....

I was due later in the week for an appointment with the gynaecologist.
Early one morning I received a call from the  doctor's office to tell me
that I had been rescheduled for early that morning at 9:30 a.m. I had only
just packed everyone off
to  work and school, and it was already around 8:45 a.m. The trip to his
office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.
As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene  when
making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full
effort. So I rushed upstairs, threw off my dressing gown, wet the washcloth
that was sitting next to the sink, and
gave myself a quick wash in "that area" to make sure it was at least
presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned  some
clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.
I was in the waiting room only a few minutes when I was called in.
Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped  up on the table, looked
over at the other side of the room and  pretended that I was in Paris or
some other place a million
miles away.
I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have  made an extra
effort this morning, haven't we?" but I didn't respond.
When the appointment was over, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.
The rest of the day was normal...some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc.
After school when my six-year-old daughter was playing, she called out from
the bathroom, "Mum, where's my washcloth?" I told her to get another one
from the cupboard.
She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink. It had all  my
glitter and sparkles in it."

Kath