[AccessD] SQL_Svr BE Access FE

Stephen R. Zayko szayko at secor.com
Mon Aug 25 19:56:22 CDT 2003

Dear group:

I was wondering if I could get some input for the following scenario:

I am writing an AccessXP FE for a MS_SQL Server database that will live
on the internet.  I was wondering how would be the best way to connect
to the data (only I can TRULY answer this question)?  But in asking
myself that, I was wondering what the pros and cons of each of these are
and if anyone has strong feelings one way or another on these:

1)  Linked tables via ODBC (using system DSN)
2)  Write the FE as an .adp with tables directly connected to server
tables
3)  Call all connections on the fly to the server where the BE is
located
4)  Some other way that I do not know about.

Most users will have an DSL or T1 connection to the internet.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

-Stephen Zayko