[AccessD] Intercept a date format error

David Fenton dfe at nudgeeinternational.com
Tue Aug 26 00:31:59 CDT 2003

I know this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find the solution.

I have an unbound textbox control on a form which will receive a date. I have set the format property of the control to 'Medium date'

I deliberately type in a ridiculous date to force the following error:

"The value you entered isn't valid for this field".

I want to intercept this error and replace the message box with my own, but no event seems to be triggering - it's almost as if Access checks the format before any other event is triggered and I cannot get to that event.

Please don't tell me I have to remove the format and parse the entered text (date) in a custom procedure!!!

Hopefully someone has solved this one and can point me to the solution.

Cheers
David Ô¿Ô¬
Brisbane Australia