[AccessD] Automation Error 8001010A when Automating Word 2000

Stuart Sanders stuart at pacific.net.hk
Tue Aug 5 04:53:05 CDT 2003

Shamil

(been a while since I've had time to read the list, so I'll try my best)

I've had automation errors with Norton installed when script blocking is
turned on.

I'd make a guess without knowing anything about their virus software
that it may likely be the problem.  Things to look out for would be
anything similar to script blocking, and perhaps heuristic capabilities.

First thing I would suggest is to get them to test your app with the AV
product disabled.  If it is the culprit, they could try selectively
turning heuristic scanning and/or script scanning modules (assuming the
product allows that).

I use zonealarm and haven't had any problems.

Stuart