[AccessD] OT: Preserving state of user interaction in ASP.NET applications

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 6 15:16:54 CDT 2003

If you mean how do you maintain session states without cookies or
querystrings
You can use Session variables or ViewState variables, for example, use
strings to reference the variable's name.

Session.Item("MyVar")

As a start see
Specifying Configuration Settings in Web.config

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/053102-1.aspx?mode=print

or
Understanding session state modes + FAQ
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=7504
and
http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx

 I haven't looked at all the gory details.