[AccessD] OT: "seeing all net cards"

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 21:45:57 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 07:38:23PM -0400, John Colby wrote:
> Does anyone know of a free something that will allow me to "see" all of the
> NICs (the IP address assigned to them for example) on my little home
> network?

If you have DNS set up, you can get that info from any machine by using
nslookup. From a Win2k box, I type
	C:\>nslookup
>From the nslookup prompt, if I type
	>ls krig.net
I get a list of every host in my DNS records. Of course, there's some
duplication, since the web, dns, and imap servers, and router have their
own names, but are all the same machine.

>From whichever host handles routing, you should be able to get the same
information without the duplication from the routing table.
	C:\>netstat -r

Bob Hall