[AccessD] Public Variables in a Report

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Thu Aug 7 11:25:31 CDT 2003

Julie,

The problem with Public variables on forms is that the form must be open
to use them.  Remember, forms are instances of the class form.  When you
open a form you are instantiating a class object.  When you close a form
you are destroying a class object.  That is why Gustav wants you to move
them to a standard module, since there is no such restriction on public
variables in standard modules.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency