[AccessD] Who is linked to my back end?

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Thu Aug 7 14:01:18 CDT 2003

Lonnie,

If your db is open to everyone there is no sure fire way of determining
who has accessed the data.  If you move the table to a secured db, then
you can control who has access to it and you can log each visit.  But
Access security can be broken easily so this is not a sure fire method
either if you stay with Access.  However, if you move the table to a db
with industrial-strength security such as SQLServer, then you will be
able to say with a much higher level of assurance that you know all that
access the data.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency