[AccessD] Linked Table - Excel Spreadsheet

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 11 11:43:18 CDT 2003

One of many recovery firms

http://www.excelwordrecovery.com/

Long list of backup and recovery methods for Excel
exceptional measures included
I prefer putting Microsoft shares in a bottle and casting into an active
volcano.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;142117

Starting Excel in safe mode brings up Excel without macros and without
addins.
To start it in safe mode use the "/s" switch e.g. from run command
  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" /s
Q159474 -- XL97: Startup Switches for Microsoft Excel 97

 EXCEL : Easy forced backup

Include this function in "thisworkbook" :

Boolean)
Dim strDate As String
Count = Len(ActiveWorkbook.Name)
Nom = Left(ActiveWorkbook.Name, Count - 4)
strDate = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") & " " & Format(Time, "h-mm-ss")
ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs filename:=Name & strDate & ".xls"
End Sub

Makes a backup copy of your work book at each save.