[AccessD]OT martin's problem

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Aug 11 19:07:20 CDT 2003

On 11 Aug 2003 at 19:52, Susan Harkins wrote:

> Internet Virus Alert: Central Command Warns Of New RPC
> Computer Worm Named Worm/Lovsan.A
>

> http://support.centralcommand.com/cgi-bin/command.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.ph
> p?p_faqid=506
>

> ========I'll be looking for more info on how to get rid of this -- info
> talks as though msblast.exe is the virus file and I've got it. :( Not sure
> where I got it from though if that's the case -- the wording is a bit

Are you firewalled? If not, it snuck into your system using the
"Buffer Overrun In RPC Interface Could Allow Code Execution "
exploit.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823980

> ambiguous and I'm not positive that msblast.exe isn't a valid file.

Doubt if it is a valid file.  There's none on my W2k system.

> If anyone finds more info on how to get rid of this sucker, let me know
> please.

Looks like it's just a case of deleting the reg key:

"windows auto update"="msblast.exe"

and the MSBLAST.EXE file.

--
Lexacorp Ltd