[AccessD] ASP - getting started

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 00:39:36 CDT 2003

Hi there,

is you're problem still that you cannot open you're
page with IIS locally installed?

I just started building ASP stuff 2 weeks ago but I
ran into the same problems. Took me a while before I
got it going but now it runs like a train!

Didn't read everything about this but you could try
the following.

Lets say you're computername is: wacky
you've got a project called: prjWacky (THIS MEANS THAT
IN YOU'RE INET\WWWROOT you got a dir called prjWacky
with some files in it!)
You've got a file in it called wackyhome.asp

Now in you're IIS you've got this project (map)
in/under the "DEFAULT WEB SITE" directory:
in IIS you see:
wacky
 |-Default Web Site
     |-Scripts
     |-...
     |-prjWacky

When you right click prjWacky and go to the tab
documents you're wackyhome.asp should be the first
item. If it isn't add it!

Then you should type the following in you're browser:
wacky/prjWacky

and tadaa you're first web site!

HTH

Sander

BTW try VB-FORUMS.COM and check ASP thingy!!
--- "Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd."