[AccessD] Question about the BEU

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Tue Aug 12 09:14:54 CDT 2003

Jeff,

Funny you should ask where to ask BEU questions. We are just talking about that :) and haven't fully decided yet.

But to answer your question, you can change where the log goes, but how have to edit the code.

Open the basbeuDBAErrorLogging module.

Goto the beudbaStartLogging procedure and look for the lines (about 10 lines of code down):

'Get Log file name
strDBName = db.name
'Strip of .mdb extension
strDBName = Left(strDBName, Len(strDBName) - 4)
' Add indication that this is an error log
strLogFile = strDBName & "- Error.log"

This is what builds the file and path for the error log file.

If you want to hard code the location and file name, then comment out all these lines and add:

strLogFile = "c:\full\path\to\error.log"

That's it if you want a hardcoded error log location.

If you want more flexibility then you will need to write your own logic to get the path and name correct. The only thing you need to make sure is that before you get to the lines:

'Add Path to Log Collection
colLog.Add strLogFile

you need to assign the full path and file name to the varialbe strLogFile.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> Jeff at OUTBAKTech.com 12-Aug-03 10:02:51 AM >>>
Where is the best place to ask a question about rhe BEU?  What I need to know is, can I change it to save the error log file somewhere other than in the same folder as the FE app?