[AccessD] Indexes on text fields

Mark Whittinghill mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com
Thu Aug 14 15:23:22 CDT 2003

Martin,

  Let's say I have a Person table with Indexes on FirstName and LastName.
In my query, I have a field FullName: LastName & ", " & FirstName.  Will the
indexes on these two fields have any effect on sorts and searches on
FullName?  I could see throwing in FirstName and LastName as sorts in the
query definition, but what about cases where I want to do a LIKE search on
FullName?

Thanks,

Mark Whittinghill
Symphony Information Services