[AccessD] OT: W2K gurus your advice is needed...

A.D.Tejpal ad_tp at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:36:23 CDT 2003

Shamil,

    You might consider trying the Command Console. I have found it useful for partitioning etc. but did not yet have the occasion to try renaming of drives. Steps for setting up the console for Win_XP are given below. I understand similar is the case for Win_2K.
    Insert Win_XP Installation Disk. Exit the Installation Screen (If it crops up). Go to the Command Prompt. Go to the drive holding the CD. Change Directory to  i386 . Type the Command     winnt32.exe  /cmdcons     and press Enter. Follow the Wizard.
    On rebooting, Command Console (Also called Recovery Console) will be offered as an option.

Regards,
A.D.Tejpal