[AccessD] Office97 SP2b

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Aug 19 07:55:33 CDT 2003

Yea, I know all that.  I haven't used A97 in several years, but now have a
single client that still uses it.  I am trying to avoid the agony of
uninstall / re-install.  In fact I'm thinking of simply doing an import,
then export back to A97 before shipping.

The reason this is even coming up is that I am getting a page fault on a
specific line of code in the BEU Updater running in A97 in this db.  I
figure it is probably SP related.  SR-1 didn't fix it unfortunately.  SP2
won't install.  I haven't yet tried import to A2K to see if the page fault
still exists though I strongly doubt it as I use the BEU in A2K and have
never experienced this in A2K.

I have also experienced page faults in A97 where a single line of code had
something embedded in it that caused page faults.  I could remove the line
and type it in again and the page fault went away.  Something like a hidden
character?  Anyway, I have the page fault down to a specific line of code
and will investigate further.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com