[AccessD] Office97 SP2b

Greg S weeden1949 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:31:04 CDT 2003

John:

Do you have Office 97 installed or just Access 97 installed?  The way I did
it was to install access 97, upgrade it to all the service packs, then put
in Office 2k or XP, whichever.

If you have Office 2k installed, can you just temporarily rename the main
exe's, then run the sp2b?  Try to trick the installer so it doesn't "find"
the other version?  Or maybe rename the office 2k directory so the installer
can't autodetect it?  You'll have to inform the installer where Access97 is
installed since you didn't (neither did I...) use it's default directory.

These sound simpler than reinstalling.  So far.

Good luck and hth!

Greg Smith