[AccessD] Detect the folder where the application resides

Brindza Ervin viner at EUnet.yu
Thu Aug 21 10:59:36 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart McLachlan" <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Detect the folder where the application resides

> On 21 Aug 2003 at 12:41, Brindza Ervin wrote:
>
> > Stuart,
> > many thanks for the quick help, but there is no function called
InStrRev.
> > Can you post it?
> > Best regards,
> >     Ervin
> >
> You must be using A97. InstrRev was introduced in A2K.
>
> For A97, you can roll your own:
>
> Function InstrRev(Targetstring as String, Delimiter as String) as
> String
>     Dim strTemp as String
>     strTemp = TargetString
>     While Right$(StrTemp,1) <> Delimiter And Len(strTemp) >1
>         strTemp = Left$(strTemp,Len(strTemp -1)
>     Wend
>     InstRev = StrTemp
> End Function

Stuart,
the code is great, it works in A97(I'll try on A2K and AXP also) but I made
some minor changes.
Many, many thanks again and  have a great weekend
    Ervin

Static Function ApplDir() As String
  Dim strApplDir As String
   Dim strTemp As String
   If strApplDir = "" Then
    strTemp = DBEngine(0)(0).Name
    'Stuart strApplDir = Left(strTemp, InstrRev(strTemp, "\"))
    strApplDir = InstrRev(DBEngine(0)(0).Name, "\")
   End If
   ApplDir = strApplDir
End Function

Function InstrRev(Targetstring As String, Delimiter As String) As String
     Dim strTemp As String
    strTemp = Targetstring
    While Right(strTemp, 1) <> Delimiter And Len(strTemp) > 1
       'Stuart strTemp = Left$(strTemp,Len(strTemp -1)
    strTemp = Left(strTemp, Len(strTemp) - 1)
    Wend
    InstrRev = strTemp
End Function